Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ins and outs, ups and downs.......

First blog here. There are so many things to talk about, most of which I’m not going into now. Starting a business (mostly thanks to my dear Karl) has been, in a word, interesting. Karl knows all about the biz and marketing aspects……and I’m finally starting to realize that my contributions (in whatever form they take) are valued and appreciated. This has been something I’ve struggled with, despite Karl’s repeated and unwavering reassurances that I DO contribute and I AM helping in so many ways. God bless that boy.

The reason I decided to blog about this……well, last week really reinforced my decision to write about our adventure. Like I said before, I’m not going into all of the gory details at the moment. I’ll sum it up in a small list.

1. Constant travel. We’re still moving into this new house and I was having to tie up loose ends at my old place. Karl of course still has his house in Georgia, which throws more issues into the mix.

(the reason I mention the travel is that it adds to our stress, what with starting a new biz and all)

2. Almost getting arrested for mail fraud. Well, not really…..we did get a very pleasant phone call from the local postmaster informing us that it was illegal to put brochures in private mailboxes. Thank goodness he wasn’t one of those postmen that go on shooting sprees…….

3. We went to this swanky neighborhood in our area and put these brochures in the mailboxes…….I drove and learned that it is very difficult to maneuver a truck close enough to the boxes. Especially in a cul-de-sac. I don’t recommend it. I also sideswiped a mailbox, but our lovely truck magnets (purchased to advertise our biz of course) saved the day. Turns out the magnet was knocked off of the truck by the mailbox……and since we love our magnets, we went back and picked it up.

4. Did I mention that this was all in two days’ time? Yes, two days.

5. I have become a dog trainer somehow (we have a pet sitting business by the way). I’m giving one of our clients advice on her puppy now. Seems some of that advice is working for her. Go figure. Guess those late nights watching reruns of “It’s Me or the Dog” are paying off. Thank you, Victoria Stillwell.

So these are just a few of the happenings thus far. Will be blogging later as things develop. Trust me, I could fill up five thousand e-mails with what we’ve experienced during the last few weeks.

Our biz is Red Dog Sitting Services. Our mascot is Izzy, hence the blog name “Izzy’s World.” Just a little extra tidbit I forgot to mention.

Signing off. Izzy, Karl and I need rest. :)

*Looking back at this post days later.....realized I blogged more than I planned to. So much more to tell too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment